Join the team
Would you like to become part of the Primary Engineer Programmes team? We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy, passion and enthusiasm for delivering exceptional programmes, training and events.Here are our current vacancies:
Marketing Manager - Burnley
Based in Burnley, Lancashire (AMS Neve Technology Park), working from home opportunities offered.
The award-winning educational company, Primary Engineer, seeks a dynamic, insightful and creative Marketing Manager with a proven track record in determining and executing marketing strategies to support business objectives.
About Primary Engineer
Primary Engineers’ vision is to ensure that all children achieve their potential. We aim to do this by bringing careers, hands-on projects and industry 4.0 skills development into the classroom.
Primary Engineer is a not for profit organisation who have, over the past 12 years, created an engineering curriculum that spans Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Further Education institutions. We work with schools, councils, universities, professional engineering institutions, industry, engineer and data professional ambassadors, education partnerships and many more, to bring opportunity to the pupils and teachers we engage in our programmes.
Our key programmes include the Leaders Award (If you were an engineer what would you do?); STATWARS: Film+TV; STATWARS: Climate Change Challenge; The Institutions of Primary and Secondary Engineers; Early Years Engineer, Primary Engineer; Secondary Engineer and the PGCert, Engineering STEM. We are looking for a dynamic marketing manager to develop the voice of Primary Engineer to share these fantastic programmes with schools, our stakeholders and the wider public.
The Marketing Manager role is a rare opportunity to work in a high-profile national organisation where you can make a difference to society.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for formulating and delivering a marketing strategy that will deliver significant growth in school, and other stakeholders, engagement with the range of Primary Engineer programmes. The marketing strategy and delivery will encompass a wide range of channels including PR, campaigns, online media, social media, print media and external events with a focus on driving commercial deliverables aligned with wider business objectives. The Marketing Manager will coordinate with our funders, and other stakeholders, marketing departments to deliver seamless outcomes.
As the Primary Engineer Marketing Manager, you will have a strong commercial background and the ability to design a marketing strategy focussed on driving national awareness and school engagement. Through work with the Senior Leadership Team, you will deliver a fully integrated marketing approach which will include events and campaigns to drive awareness and business opportunities. You will ensure that the marketing strategy is developed based on market insight and analysis to drive targeted campaigns and highlight potential areas for growth. You will work with the Business Development team to ensure they have the relevant collateral and tools needed to effectively win new business and with the Delivery Team to engage schools.
The Marketing Manager will be a key member of the Primary Engineer Senior Leadership Team.
The Marketing Manager will work with the Head of Education, Research and Training (who will provide educational research insight) to develop exceptional written content for our marketing materials, programme materials, websites and socials. You will post socials for the company and coordinate other staff, and their social media accounts, to fulfil the social media strategy. The Marketing Manager will also work with the business development and R&D teams to develop key messaging for conferences and other sales/engagement opportunities, as well as attending key events. You will also coordinate updates of our websites and marketing materials with our graphic designer/artworker.
Who are we looking for?
Successful track record in:
- Developing commercially focused marketing strategies which raise awareness and engagement, and attract new funding leads
- Delivering integrated and engaging marketing campaigns across a variety of channels which achieve agreed awareness targets and business objectives
- Undertaking market analysis to produce insight to inform marketing strategies and identify potential areas for growth
- Sole management of a number of marketing channels including social and web
- Line management of staff and contractors
- Supporting a sales function by providing effective collateral and content to win business
- Coordination of marketing projects involving internal and external stakeholders, to deadline and within budget
- Ability to act as custodian for a brand/brands and voice, a good design eye and attention to detail
- Ability to produce compelling and engaging content, campaigns and marketing that engages a range of audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Inspiring leadership approach, the ability to manage staff (internal and external), workload and deadlines
- Creative approach to developing ideas which deliver on desired outcomes
- Translating ideas and requirements to deliver engaging marketing, content and events
- Effective market analysis and research to produce customer insight
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills; with in-office and remote workers
- Positive relationship building with colleagues and external partners to leverage results
- Proficient in WordPress, Mail Chimp, InDesign and SEO
- Creative, enthusiastic and positive
- Personal and professional integrity
- Energy-giving, motivational
- Collaborative style
- Commercial thinking
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the Primary Engineer cause
- Embraces change and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo
- Ability to travel throughout the UK when required
Salary; £32,000/£35,000 dependent on experience for full-time at 37.5 hours per week
Company Pension Scheme
Position within the organisation:
Reports to: CEO
Sits within: Senior Leadership Team
One direct report: Assistant Graphic Designer / Artworker
Place of work will be AMS Neve, Billington Road Technology Park, Burnley, with the flexibility to attend meetings and events off-site as required. There is also the potential for home working in this role, by prior arrangement.
The post is full-time at 37.5 hours per week
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 16:30
29 days holiday including bank holidays
The role will be subject to a 6-month probationary period
- Work from home opportunities
- Working with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies as part of their school outreach activities.
- An additional day holiday for each year of employment up to 5 years
- Flexible working for an early finish on Fridays (3 pm)
- Opportunities to engage with inspiring people and companies, including industry site visits and conferences
To apply please submit a CV with covering letter to email@example.com. Please note applications without a covering letter may not be reviewed. Please email for full job spec.
- Work from home opportunities
- On-site parking