Join the team
Would you like to become part of the Primary Engineer Programmes team? We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy, passion and enthusiasm for delivering exceptional programmes, training and events.Here are our current vacancies:
Account Manager - Burnley
Primary Engineer is a vibrant company with an aim to inspire all that engage with it to the potential engineering can bring to young people. Through a range of programmes for nursery aged pupils to those in university, the organisation brings together a world of potential and awe. We are looking for new members of the team to help deliver our mission to inspire young people to and with engineering. You will work with both teachers and engineers inspiring everyone you meet – if you really want to make a difference send in your CV, we will look forward to hearing from you.
Primary Engineer’s Account Managers play a pivotal role in managing the company’s relationships with key stakeholders to forge long and lasting partnerships. Due to our continued growth and success, we are seeking a conscientious and self-motivated Account Manager to join the team. You will have solid experience in a customer-focused environment, strong interpersonal skills and be somebody that builds relationships with ease, has a natural ‘warmth’ and the ability to keep accurate records.
In this role, you will liaise between stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our contracts. You will manage and facilitate events with the mission to engage schools, pupils, teachers and engineers in the breadth of Primary Engineer Programmes. As an Account Manager, you will play a fundamental role in managing multiple accounts at any one time, being the main point of contact with your stakeholders ranging from educationalists to industrialists to primary aged pupils. You will develop trusted advisor relationships and help inform business strategy.
- Be responsible for the delivery of contracts, liaising with funders, engaging schools and managing the events.
- You will manage and monitor data systems accurately keeping records.
- Be passionate and a brand ambassador of the Primary Engineer Programmes.
- Operate as the primary contact for all matters specific to your accounts and assist with stakeholder requests.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate clearly with key stakeholders via phone, email, screen-share and in person at events.
- Manage events so they are successful and well attended; encouraging renewal and increased school uptake numbers.
- Work with the wider team and report figures and costings on events to senior management.
- Previous experience as an Account Manager or other customer-focused roles.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to listen and communicate credibly and effectively both verbally and in writing, internally and externally, and at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting and exceeding targets within required timeframes.
- Apply own initiative and effectively prioritise and manage multiple accounts at any one time, planning own workload and contract timelines.
- Strong organisation skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with a focus on customer service and be able to work as part of a team.
- Full clean driving licence. The role will require regular travel nation-wide throughout term-time, so expect to be out of the office regularly, experiencing and facilitating live events with key stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 /year
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driving License (Preferred)
- Manage multiple accounts, ensuring that a high level of customer retention and satisfaction is maintained
- Engage with multiple customers on a daily basis by reaching out to new clients, and by developing campaigns for maintaining customer loyalty
- Record changes to customer accounts, updating service packages, adding accounts, and removing accounts as needed
- Other duties as requested
Please apply to email@example.com providing your CV and cover letter.
Head of Primary Engineer Programmes in the North of England
Primary Engineer is an award-winning not-for-profit educational company who is seeking an energetic, determined and resourceful person to take the role of Head of Primary Engineer Programmes across the North of England.
Primary Engineers’ vision is to ensure that all children and young people achieve their potential through engineering skills. In order to support this vision you will be required to develop new relationships and partnerships with funders, government, industry and schools whilst enhancing existing ones.
You will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, your primary responsibilities are to identify and create key relationships, write successful proposals and maintain extensive knowledge of factors that will influence the growth of the programmes.
You will be required to present to a range of stakeholders demonstrating knowledge of the education, industry, skills and political landscapes, feed into the overall Primary Engineer strategy, execute plans, present reports, provide updates, support the programme’s activities, and be a recognised and vocal advocate of the programme.
You will be responsible for successfully attracting funding, retaining existing funders with the mission to increase the number of schools, pupils and teachers engaged across the programmes. You will act as the main point of contact across the North of England working closely with the CEO and senior leadership team. You will be well organised, have outstanding communication skills, the ability to strategically plan, and deliver results.
- We are seeking to grow our impact across the North of England, you will have the responsibility to ensure that growth with both enthusiasm and clear planning.
- You will be a passionate advocate of the programme, charismatic in your presentation skills.
- You will be widely networked, demonstrably able to create and maintain strategic partnerships.
- You are an energetic and engaged individual who is able to speak with authority on education policy, future skills and the engineering environment to a range of audiences.
- You will be conscientious in your record-keeping and reporting, providing clear forecasts.
- You will have or be able to quickly develop an understanding of the current stakeholders in engineering education and have a plan with which to engage and expand those relationships.
- Ensure existing contractual requirements are met.
- Liaise between funders, education partners, engineers, industry and schools where and when required.
- Working with the senior leadership team to contribute to the overall company strategy.
- Experience of writing successful proposals
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ and achieving impact in your previous roles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong networking capability
- An understanding of the education system in the North of England
- Working to, meeting and exceeding targets within timeframes
- Excellent customer service and charismatic presentation skills
- Self-motivated remote worker and also able to work as part of a team
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word & PowerPoint)
- The role will require business travel and overnight stays including regular visits to the Burnley head office.
- Full clean driving licence
- We will undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS formerly CRB) for the appointed applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 /year
- Programme Management: 1 year (Preferred)