We have a number of regional industry funders supporting the development of STEM education in the classroom by funding two teachers per school in regions across the UK to attend the online Primary Engineer Rail Project course and kit to enable the delivery of the project.
Our one-day virtual practical CPD course for Primary Engineer Rail Project will enable you to deliver a whole-class, curriculum-mapped engineering project and be partnered with a professional engineer in the area to work with you on the training day and after with pupils in the classroom.
Develop skills, both practical and cognitive with your learners as they use and apply maths and science through a design and make the project. Link it to learning themes and deliver cross-curricular teaching and learning through engineering.
- Key Stage 1/Lower primary and Key Stage 2/Upper primary CPD training and resources for 2 teachers
- Meet your curriculum requirements for D&T and focus on science, maths and literacy skills
- Understand how to use a rail-orientated engineering project to deliver cross-curricular teaching and learning
- Develop an awareness of STEM in your classroom
- Improved confidence in designing and making products that are fit for purpose.
- Learn how to integrate simple electric circuits into a working vehicle.
- Discuss and plan the delivery of the whole-class project in school – curriculum areas and learning themes
- Delegates will take away working models, access to classroom teaching resources and be provided with a kit containing tools and consumable teaching resources for two classes
- Access online teaching resources and use the kit of tools and consumables delivered ahead of the course.
This course is the first step with regards to practical teacher training. The outcome will enable teachers to deliver a whole class, curriculum-mapped engineering project which allows for a variety of outcomes. The project supports practical STEM and gives pupils the opportunity to work with engineers in the classroom.
Primary Engineer® has a competition element to champion children’s engineering ingenuity and provide a forum to celebrate their engineering skills and achievements. Pupils come together to test their vehicles and discuss their work with engineer judges at celebration events and regional finals run and managed by Primary Engineer®. Access to our Resource area is included for teachers where all of our interactive and downloadable teaching resources are housed.
Please note there are a limited number of places available and will be booked on a first-come basis. Please complete the form to find out if funding is available to you.